BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Absynth - One More Time

Album Cover

Album Cover

Website

Thursday 15 September 2011

(8) Music And Me (8)

My Childhood (Year 3 - Aged 7/8)




As a child I grew up loving Shaggy, Five, Blue and Busted (in that order), but mainly Busted and Blue.  At the age of eight I was made aware of a singing contest, titled 'Stars in their Eyes', which was to be held in  my primary school. I immediately chose Blue's 'If You Come Back' regardless of how it suited my voice. I failed in the competition, but it was a fairly meaningful experience as this was the first of many 'Stars in their Eyes' performances. In year 4 I sang 'Year 3000' by Busted along with two friends, in Year 5 I sang 'Cry me a River' by Justin Timberlake and in Year 6 I sang 'She will be Loved' by Marron 5....failing every year, but they were great experiences and nowadays I would never sing in front of 200+ people (lots of adults).

My Early Teens



Kanye West and Black Eyed Peas occupied my early teens/late primary school. I remember my favourite song from Black Eyed Peas' first album was 'Anxiety', purely because I loved the rap-rock genre of the song as Black Eyed Peas are a typical hip hop band. My early teens featured a change in favourite music from pop/pop-rock to mainly hip-hop.

Nowadays



Roughly 1 year ago I got into club dance/dubstep music. Example is my favourite artist and I particularly like his electro-house/dance genred music. Natural Disaster is his latest hit and is due to be released soon...I enjoy it and the lyrics are pretty powerful. The transition from 'Need some air, Need some space' to it's anthem themed following is very entertaining. I enjoy this video as we basically see into the mind of the messed up Laidback Luke, the dis-orientating close ups of his face perfectly reflect his emotions.

0 comments: